This is a blog that was created to talk about web design. The both of us hope people can learn from this, even learn something ourselves maybe.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Displays Different On Alternative Computers?

Hiya all! KJ and I had been discussing one of our mutual projects the other day (Atlantis Treasures) and she was saying that at work the H* tags looked fine, but at home they appeared WAY larger. She compared her browsers at both places and both had the same settings. Does anyone have anything to add that might help us sort this quandry out? Comment away!

6 Comments:

Blogger melody said...

Personally, I suspect KJ's little brother is messing with her head by changing her settings, hehe.

11:17 PM

 
Blogger rrd said...

Of course, it IS difficult to pinpoint such things anyway. It could be a variety of things off the top of my head:

- browser font size; View->Text Size; could be set to something other than Medium (the default)
- some computer settings that changes the size of default text
- some IE bug (wouldn't THAT be a surprise!)
- minor IE version differenceS? although she said otherwise, and if you write it down it's hard to say differently (unless she'd confusing us on purpose, BAD girl!)
- some IE plugin?

It's definately odd though.

5:06 PM

 
Blogger melody said...

Your first thought was also mine, Rich... browser font size; View->Text Size
So I thought I would test it out. Opened IE, Opened Atlantis Treasures, and went to the section that has the headers and started changing my text size. I tried all sizes, the header size never changed. I actually found that odd and thought it should have changed. Could be a difference in KJ's browswer version and mine I guess.

7:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://azwjhjko.com/scmc/kcck.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lvlxssxe.com/pvri/aknf.html]Cool site[/url]

10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

10:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://azwjhjko.com/scmc/kcck.html | http://zzrdphvc.com/ztbq/qtub.html

10:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home